3 quotes about london city

3 quotes about london city


“Washington, D.C., has everything that Rome, Paris and London have in the way of great architecture - great power bases. Washington has obelisks and pyramids and underground tunnels and great art and a whole shadow world that we really don't see.” -  Dan Brown


In Paris, you learn wit, in London you learn to crush your social rivals, and in Florence you learn poise.” -  Virgil Thomson 


I had just left Yes and had done a concert at Crystal Palace, South London, with a choir and orchestra playing my solo album 'Journey To The Centre Of The Earth' when I had my heart attack. That day, I hadn't been to bed for four days. I don't remember much. I felt very numb during the day and airy, which is the best way to describe it.” - Rick Wakeman